Monday, February 5, 2007

Indonesia

I recently saw this ad in an in- flight magazine. Let me write the copy first as it may be hard to read:

Natural Views, Lots of "Ooooh's"!

Another unique Indonesian Travel Experience

Wherever you go throughout the Indonesian archipelago you will be greeted by a myriad of different experiences from nature and from modern shopping and entertainment complexes, making each holiday unique and unforgettable.


Now I love Indonesia, I have lived here for 18 years now (was brought up here) left and came back to work. So I am very disappointed at the ads they are making to attract travelers from around the world. What i would like is that everyone gives their opinion on how to improve it or what angle they should take (it is easier to criticize than make). So all planners out there or anyone else write your comments and let’s hope some one listens and Indonesia will be promoted the way it should be...

(Another thing is that why do they have so many website addresses and bad English copy!)
Anyway enough of my ranting and raving lets here from you guys....

1 comment:

Yousuf said...

yo dude...

great start. Someone needed to put up a blog on planning in this country. Am glad its you.

Will be a regular contributor. Don't you worry.

And have decided, there's already too many blogs on planning, so am gonna be a contributor on all but no blogging. Have one on Indonesia and that's enough for me :)

Btw, Arya and I are starting coffee mornings in Jakarta from Friday the 16th, 9am onwards at Starbucks, SetiabudiOne. See ya there. And spread the word. Just don't bribe anyone by saying coffee's free (coz it's not). More importantly, coz then u might have everyone from SBY to Anto - my ojek driver - there.

Cheers
Yousuf